Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sport News

Olympian Thilini Jayasinghe s participation at the upcoming 59th Badminton Nationals is highly doubtful due to her suffering from a bout of dengue.


Jayasinghe didn t name the hospital she was warded at, but confirmed she was still receiving medication for dengue.


`I don t know whether I can contest the badminton nationals at this stage of my illness. We ll wait and see,` Jayasinghe told The Island.


She said she was treated well by the hospital staff adding, `People recognized me and were very kind to me. There were times when they placed me as someone doing a racket sport, but they were not sure what sport it really was,` she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best WordPress Themes